Writing the Next Chapter in Louisiana History!
BESE District 2
There will be a run-off election for this race on November 19.
The following candidates are running for BESE 2 in the upcoming election. Their responses to our questionnaire are listed below. Please scroll down to discover the positions of each candidate as they provide answers for key issues affecting Louisiana families.
*Candidate submitted written comments with answer.
1. Do you support/oppose ending teacher tenure?
2. Do you support/oppose educational choice for every child, parent and taxpayer of Louisiana?
3. Do you support/oppose allowing parents to utilize school vouchers or tax credits to provide educational choices for their children?
4. Do you support/oppose taxpayer money "following the child", rather than the system, in Louisiana public education?
5. Do you support/oppose a tuition tax deduction for families of students in private or parochial schools?
6. Do you support/oppose allowing parents to opt their children out of a failing public school?
7. Do you support/oppose allowing public school students to openly and objectively consider both strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories such as origins of life, human-induced global warming, embryonic stem cell research, etc.?
8. Do you support/oppose teaching “comprehensive sex education,” which includes contraceptive/abortion information in Louisiana public schools?
9. Do you support/oppose legislation that funds abstinence-only education, (as opposed to abstinence- based or “safe sex” education)?
10. Do you support/oppose granting special protection to public school employees and students based on ‘sexual orientation’?
Email this Page to a Friend